The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to the development of innovative AR/VR solutions applied to industry. The candidate must be committed to deliver robust and high-quality research prototypes capable of disrupting conventional practices through AR/VR technologies.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Graphics, or related fields;
- Advanced knowledge of a major programming language (C#, C/C++, Python, Java);
- Proven expertise developing games, serious games, or educational/training systems;
- Expertise in 3D graphics frameworks or engines (e.g., Unity, Unreal, OpenGL or similar);
- Knowledge in spatial mapping, video processing, gesture recognition and computer vision algorithms;
- Apply good software engineering practices to write elegant, robust, reliable, maintainable, and reusable code;
- Passion for creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experience.
- Implement AR/VR platforms and applications oriented to industry (e.g., trainning, maintenance, HMI, human augmentation);
- Get involved on research initiatives pushing the limits of knowledge on AR/VR-related topics.
- Expertise developing solutions for HoloLens, Oculus, Google Glasses or Magic Leap headsets;
- First-hand experience building computer vision/graphics systems and working knowledge of 3D geometry and linear algebra;
- Outstanding attention to detail, self-motivated and collaborative;
- Strong versatility for tinkering with emerging technologies.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLab DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV to the address email@example.com, up to 10th December 2021, indicating in subject: DTx/47/2021.