DTx is looking for a researcher to integrate its Data & Application Engineer (DAE) Group, whitin the project “NGS New Generation Storage” (nr. C644936001-00000045), financed by Business Innovation – Innovation Pact, within the call n.o 02/C05-i01/2022 of PRR – Plano de Recuperação e Resiliência. This call aims to provide an opportunity for talented and motivated professionals, from all over the world and all nationalities to carry out ground-breaking research at DTx. The work will be developed within the scope of the New Generation Storage Agenda, funded by the Portuguese Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP). The NGS strategic industrial agenda joins 54 partners working towards the development of a complete and fully circular battery ecosystem in Portugal. The consortium strategy is to develop a new generation of storage systems across the entire value chain, focusing on creating high added value and environmentally friendly products and processes.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will join an R&D team responsible for helping our partners build their software systems, and produce their services. In this context, DTx expects candidates capable of building Cloud architectures. The candidate should be able to design and develop high quality software architectures for a given solution according to existing environmental constraints and product specifications.
As a researcher in the DAE group, you will:
- Build durable software based on best design practices, writing reusable, scalable, robust, well-tested and efficient code;
- Define Cloud architectures according to existing computer standards;
- Document and specify the technical design of the software development project;
- Develop and integrate solutions capable of taking advantage of the Cloud;
- Identify value capture opportunities for future research work;
- Participation in national and international research projects;
- Superior qualifications in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field;
- Extensive knowledge in migrations of solutions/services to the Cloud;
- Experience in IT infrastructure and Cloud development;
- Experience in a Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud;
- Knowledge of database integration and integration of service oriented and CI/CD architectures other than those described above will be valued.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Motivation to learn and apply technologies in which you have no experience (new or inherited);
- Capacity for innovation and constant progression;
- Autonomy, accuracy, responsibility and awareness of the importance of quality in software development;
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills in Portuguese and/or English;
- Ability to analyze and structure information to be shared and communicated to other stakeholders and development teams.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLAB DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Aernnova Portugal; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV and Degree(s) Certificate(s) to the address email@example.com, indicating in subject: DTx/74/2023.