DTx is looking for a Computer Science researcher to integrate the research team of project “SIFA – Sistema Inteligente de Fabrico Aditivo”, POCI-01-0247-FEDER-047108, which has a total investment of € 2.999.176,37, funded by Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização, supported by FEDER, under the terms of the notice for submission of applications no. 17/SI/2019. Project SIFA aims at developing the next generation of smart technologies supporting Additive Manufacturing processes.
- Perform collection and featurization of additive manufacturing data (e.g., operation parameters, part dimensions, etc.);
- Implement predictive algorithms for operating parameters adjustment and optimization;
- Identify value capture opportunities for future research work;
- Produce technical reports.
- MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Graphics;
- Broad foundation in computer vision theory and algorithms;
- Software development experience (e.g., C++, Python, Keras, TensorFlow, OpenCV);
- Experience in camera calibration and image processing;
- Familiarity with novel and well-established machine and deep learning techniques (e.g., CNNs, decision trees) is a plus;
- Comfortable at visiting factory plants and ability to understand and communicate with manufacturing personnel to clearly define project requirements;
- Being able to switch efficiently between projects, and/or work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Research-oriented mindset;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLAB DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV and Degree Certificate(s) to the address email@example.com, indicating in subject: DTx/68/2022.