DTx is looking for an experienced Data Warehouse Engineer to join our Data & Application Engineering (DAE) Group. As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join the DAE team responsible for cooperating with our associates in the development of their information systems, and in production of innovative projects. Candidate should be comfortable with the implementation of database platforms and big data ecosystems.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Superior qualifications in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar areas;
- Extensive knowledge of Datawarehouse, Master Data Management, Data acquisition mechanisms, and Data Quality;
- Design, build and optimize data pipelines using software engineering best practices.
- Experience to transform large and complex datasets to beautiful visualizations using tools like Power BI, Tableau or Grafana.
- Database knowledge that allows to design optimized ER diagrams to fit the project objectives.
- Work with and create data-driven architectures
- Proven experience in software development and practices with languages like Python, .Net or Spark.
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks and visualization tools like Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache Spark.
- Experience working on Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with data modeling like dimensional modelling or data vault is a plus.
- Comfortable working with Linux command line.
As an DAE group researcher, you will:
- Analyze and define data warehouse architectures according with existing IT standards;
- Document and specify the technical data design of the software development project;
- Lead the data base systems and experimenting new technologies, solving problems in the most efficient way;
- Implementing data lake, warehouse and lakehouse architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archiving and retrieval solutions regarding with their relationship to access vs. cost;
- Collaborate with team members in order to contribute to the development of the requested software solution;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including: solution management and agile development teams, to gather requirements, create technical specifications and specify technical solutions for new requirements and data product features;
- Ensuring that data governance and data testing frameworks meets quality standards, including: performance, security, and reliability.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Motivation to learn and apply technologies in which you have no experience (new or inherited);
- Capacity for innovation and constant progression;
- Autonomy, accuracy, responsibility and awareness of the importance of quality in software development;
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills in Portuguese and/or English;
- Ability to analyze and structure information to be shared and communicated to other stakeholders and development teams.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLAB DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Aernnova Portugal; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV and Degree(s) Certificate(s) to the address email@example.com, indicating in subject: DTx/76/2023.