DTx is seeking a highly skilled and experienced High-Performance Computing (HPC) Expert specialized in solving Mixed Linear Programming problems using parallel and distributed computing techniques, with expertise in cloud computing, to integrate its Data & Application Engineer (DAE) Group.
As an HPC Expert, you will play a crucial role in optimizing the performance of our complex mathematical models and algorithms by leveraging parallel and distributed computing methodologies, specifically in cloud environments. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the advancement of optimization solutions in the cloud.
– Develop and implement parallel and distributed algorithms to solve large-scale Mixed Linear Programming (MLP) problems efficiently and/evolutionary computation, with a focus on cloud computing platforms.
– Optimize the performance of existing MLP solvers and/or heuristics solutions by parallelizing computationally intensive tasks, leveraging cloud-based resources and services, and effectively utilizing cloud-native technologies.
– Collaborate with a cross-functional team of mathematicians, software engineers, and domain experts to analyze requirements and design efficient parallel algorithms that address specific business challenges in cloud environments.
– Conduct thorough performance profiling, benchmarking, and tuning of the parallel algorithms, utilizing cloud monitoring, and debugging tools to identify and resolve bottlenecks, ensuring optimal utilization of cloud resources.
– Stay up to date with the latest advancements in parallel and distributed computing technologies, HPC architectures, cloud computing platforms (such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud), and optimization algorithms, evaluating their potential applicability to improve existing methodologies in cloud environments.
– Utilize cloud-native services and frameworks, such as distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark) or containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), to design scalable and resilient HPC solutions.
– Participate in code reviews, contribute to the development of best practices, and ensure high-quality, scalable, and maintainable code is produced in cloud environments.
– Document and present research findings, performance analyses, and optimization techniques, specifically addressing the cloud computing aspects, to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
– Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members, promoting knowledge sharing and fostering a collaborative work environment in the context of cloud-based HPC.
– Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field with a strong emphasis on parallel and distributed computing.
– Extensive experience (2+ years) in developing parallel algorithms and implementing parallel and distributed computing solutions for large-scale optimization problems, preferably in the context of Mixed Linear Programming.
– Proficient in programming languages commonly used in HPC, such as C/C++, Fortran, and/or Python, with demonstrated experience in optimizing code for performance in cloud environments.
– Strong understanding of parallel computing architectures, including shared-memory and distributed-memory systems, message-passing interfaces (e.g., MPI), GPU computing, and cloud computing platforms.
– Solid mathematical background and familiarity with optimization techniques, especially in the domain of Mixed Linear Programming.
– Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP), including knowledge of cloud-native services, distributed computing frameworks, and containerization technologies.
– Proven track record of delivering high-quality, scalable, and efficient software solutions in a collaborative team environment, specifically targeting cloud deployments.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address performance bottlenecks in complex computational workflows within cloud environments.
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey technical concepts effectively to diverse audiences.
If you are a skilled HPC Expert with a passion for solving complex optimization problems and possess a strong background in parallel and distributed computing, specifically in cloud environments, we invite you to apply for this challenging and rewarding position. Join our dynamic team and contribute to groundbreaking advancements in the field, leveraging the power of cloud computing.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Motivation to learn and apply technologies in which you have no experience (new or inherited);
- Capacity for innovation and constant progression;
- Autonomy, accuracy, responsibility and awareness of the importance of quality in software development;
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills in Portuguese and/or English;
- Ability to analyze and structure information to be shared and communicated to other stakeholders and development teams.
Digital Transformation CoLAB DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Aernnova Portugal; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims to be a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Submission of the CV and Degree(s) Certificate(s) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in subject: DTx/88/2023