DTx is looking for a mechanical engineer to develop structural and mechanical systems. As a member of the Smart Manufacturing team at DTx, you will help conceive, design and bring to production highly integrated new products and equipments (such as prototypes, test-beds, pilot lines, inspection systems).
– MSc in Mechanical Engineering;
– Strong knowledge in mechanical theory and principles;
– Experience with custom machine design, electromechanical systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, motors and actuators;
– Experience defining product specifications and sizing basic mechanical components and structures;
– Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis;
– Good knowledge of materials, their physical behaviour and proper selection;
– Working knowledge of finite element analysis (FEA) and ability to use statistical tools and techniques to predict behaviour in various scenarios;
– 3D CAD skills (e.g., SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor);
– Hand-on experience in experimental mechanical testing (e.g., tensile, impact, fatigue);
– Solid understanding of common manufacturing processes and machines (e.g., CNC, mills, lathe, welding, assembly);
– Research-oriented mindset;
– Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLab DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; Dstgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV to the address email@example.com, up May 31st, 2022, indicating in subject: DTx/57/2022.