- PhD Degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering or Advanced Engineering Systems for Industry with specialisation in Industrial Informatics and Embedded Systems
- Participation in R&TD projects, i.e. industrialisation projects focusing on autonomous driving environments, particularly as regards FPGAs programming for wireless data compression and high-speed transfer (sensor LiDAR) with Hardware Description Language (Verilog);
- Collaboration in activities related to science management and dissemination of knowledge, including conferences, symposia and scientific cooperation activities;
- Development of the FPGA module of compression and acceleration of the WIT (Wireless Information Transfer) subsystem hardware in order to ensure wireless, bidirectional, information transfer;
- Incorporation, with Verilog, of the acceleration features/properties of the WIT subsystem within the SWIPT subsystem;
- Parameter setting and development of a prototype of the FPGA module to test the communication performance of the WIT subsystem;
- Technical management of the tasks to be carried out throughout the research, including the monitoring of the technological innovation as regards the technical and functional developments of the SWIPT system (i.e. the observance of the legal framework and the patent research and ideas protection) and the drafting of reports and technical documents related to the activities and tasks of the project;
- Experience in design and development of HDL hardware;
- Experience in Embedded Systems;
- Minimum of 5 scientific publications.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLab DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; Dstgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, up 11th June 2021, indicating in subject: DTx/35/2021.