As a robotics researcher, you will join an R&D team that designs and creates tailored and innovative robotic solutions for our partners, and in research initiatives/projects on the topic of Human-Robot Collaboration (HRC). We are looking for candidates with a background in robotics and automation, with solid software development skills, along with general knowledge of robotics-related topics including robotic manipulation, grasping, and navigation, computer vision, perception, artificial intelligence, and simulation.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Robotics, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Physics, or a related field;
- Experience with C++, Python, ROS, and version control software in Linux environment;
- Experience with software development, testing, and performance tuning;
- Ability to work autonomously, learn on the fly, and take initiative in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency in communication and technical writing;
- Experience with computer vision, LiDAR processing, nonlinear optimization.
- Implement and integrate robotic systems for industrial environments;
- Undertake fundamental research in robotics;
- Contribute on the preparation of national and international project proposals.
- Expertise at integrating systems for real-case scenarios
- Ability to think critically through systems and processes;
- Research-oriented mindset;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented person.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLab DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV to the address email@example.com, up to 6th December 2021, indicating in subject: DTx/46/2021.