DTx is looking for a researcher to integrate its Data & Application Engineer (DAE) Group, whitin the project “R2UTechnologies – modular systems” (nr. C644876810-00000019), financed by Business Innovation – Innovation Pact, within the call n.o 02/C05-i01/2022 of PRR – Plano de Recuperação e Resiliência.
The “R2UTechnologies – Modular system” Innovation Pact aims to execute the development and industrialization on Portuguese soil of the disruptive industrial concept of modular construction. This innovative concept will respond to the growing needs of the global market and the new challenges facing the sector today, particularly in the fields of design, sustainability, customization, intelligent building, and environmental protection. It will allow the creation of the new industrial and capital-intensive cluster, able to position the country as a global reference supplier of this new solution to the construction sector. Focused on the housing segment, university residences, hotel sector and health sector, this Innovation Pact aims to improve people’s lives with the most sophisticated and responsible modular construction proposals, promoting the transition of the Portuguese industrial paradigm from traditional construction to modular construction, with a shift from work intense and wasteful processes to knowledge intense and efficient ones, with the associated qualification of capacitation of industrial processes and products to become a worldwide supplier in all the value chain of this new construction paradigm.
DTx is looking for an experienced Senior Software Architect to join our Data & Application Engineering (DAE) Group. As a Software Architect, you will have the responsibility of development of information systems, and in the production of innovative projects. The candidate should be comfortable with analyzing software solutions and have deep knowledge of multiple architectures and good programming practices.
The candidate must also be able to analyze and make recommendations for improvement to the software development team, adopting methodologies according to the constraints of the application domain and technologies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Superior qualifications in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar areas;
- Experience as software architect and development (at least 6 years), preferably with certification;
- Experience in designing and implementing distributed and multi-tier component/service architectures;
- Deep knowledge in service integration (e.g. SOAP, RESTful, WebSockets, MQTT);
- Good understanding of Distributed Systems, RESTful and Event driven Architectural styles;
- Experience in preparing and documenting and evaluating scalable software solutions;
- Experience in IT infrastructures and Cloud development;
- Integration of systems and databases (SQL and NoSQL);
- Solid experience of complex data management environments (e.g., SQL Server, NoSQL, Kafka, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Experiences with other technologies (ex: Siebel, Tibco, Salesforce) other than those described above will be valued.
As a researcher in the DAE group, you will:
- Define solution architectures according with existing IT standards;
- Document and specify the technical design of the software development project;
- Lead the systems and technology stack integration process, guiding the team in the use of best software design and development practices;
- Collaborate with team members in order to contribute to the development of the requested software solution;
- Ensuring that software code meets quality standards, including: performance, security, and reliability.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Motivation to learn and apply technologies in which you have no experience (new or legacy);
- Capacity for innovation and constant progression;
- Autonomy, accuracy, responsibility and awareness of the importance of quality in software development;
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills in Portuguese and/or English
- Ability to analyze and structure information in order to be shared and communicated to other interlocutors and development teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams;
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLAB DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Aernnova Portugal; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV and Degree(s) Certificate(s) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in subject: DTx/75/2023.