DTx is searching for a Group Coordinator – Simulation of Processes and Equipment. This position will require high-level scientific, communication, and organizational skills with key responsibilities including the coordination of technology transfer activities, enhancement of DTx’s profile and interactions, and facilitation of project proposals writing & other fund-raising activities. This position will provide substantial opportunity for innovation, and technological impact.
We seek a motivated, reliable and flexible individual who can work both independently and within a team. The primary responsibilities will be to:
– Management and leadership of the Process & Equipment Simulation group;
– Work under the supervision of DTx’s Executive Management Board in strategic planning and coordination of new and ongoing scientific and technological initiatives to respond to state-of-the-art industrial challenges;
– Coordinate R&D activities: technical project management, writing project proposals and technical reports, funding capture, mentoring;
– Provide expert consultancy in advanced process and equipment systems to internal and external teams;
– Contribute to DTx’s scientific dissemination by means of peer-reviewed publications, conference talks, workshops and seminars;
– Report the groups activity to the executive management board.
– Canditates should hold a PhD (over 5 years work experience) in Industrial related subjects and a 5yr Engineering Degree(s) in Mechanical or Materials/Polymer, Electronics/Electrical;
– Scientific knowledge and publication record in numerical modelling and simulations, process optimization, products and industrial process development, complex mechanical systems, stochastic simulation of production systems, and mechatronics;
– Experience in project management and team work;
– Industrial Processes experience
– Prior experience at developing and writing innovation projects proposals for national and european funding mechanisms;
– Outstanding written and communication skills and highly organized with the demonstratred ability to use judgement, prioritize, plan, multi-task, and meet deadlines;
– English language proficiency is a must.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLab DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV and Degree Certificates to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in subject: DTx/97/2023.