DTx is looking for a researcher to integrate its Data & Application Engineer (DAE) Group, within the project “BE.Neutral – Mobility Agenda for carbon neutrality in cities” (nr. C644874240-00000016), financed by Business Innovation – Innovation Pact, within the call n.º 02/C05-i01/2022 of PRR – Plano de Recuperação e Resiliência.
The BE.Neutral Agenda is promoted by a partnership between cities, the industry and the scientific and technological system, integrating the entire value chain of the sustainable mobility sector: automotive industry, energy operators, data and communication operators, and specialized service providers. The leader of the Agenda is NOS Comunicações, which is articulated with a set of reputed work package leaders: Caetano Bus, Simoldes Plásticos, CEiiA, Toyota Caetano, Iberica, EDP Inovação, and Siemens Portugal. This Agenda aims at positioning the Portuguese cities and the industry in the future of mobility from a new generation of products and services oriented towards carbon neutrality, having a transformational effect on the economy, the environment and society.
The Telecommunications Engineer (Network Security Specialist) will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining secure wireless data communication systems and networks, and will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that data is transmitted accurately and securely across wireless communication channels. The engineer is expected to keep up to date with new technologies and best practices in wireless data communication, encryption, and authentication to improve system performance and security.
– PhD or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
– Proven experience in designing and implementing secure wireless data communication systems and networks;
– Understanding of networking and security concepts (e.g., TCP/IP stack, routing, VPN, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems);
– Familiarity with IP networking concepts (e.g., Quality of Service) and virtual private networks;
– Ability to capture and analyze large amounts of network traffic;
– Strong understanding of wireless data communication principles and techniques, including network protocols, routing, switching, and wireless networking;
– Experience with wireless telecommunications protocols and standards, such as IEEE 802.11, LTE, and 5G;
– Experience with encryption and authentication technologies, such as AES, SSL/TLS, and EAP.
– Design and implement secure wireless data communication systems and networks that meet the needs of the projects;
– Develop and maintain effective secure wireless data communication protocols and procedures;
– Test and troubleshoot wireless data communication systems to ensure optimal performance;
– Collaborate with internal teams to ensure wireless data communication systems meet business requirements;
– Manage communication infrastructure, including hardware, software, and networking equipment;
– Ensure wireless data communication security by implementing appropriate security measures, such as encryption, authentication, and access controls;
– Monitor wireless data communication systems for vulnerabilities and take corrective actions when necessary;
– Stay up to date with new technologies and best practices in wireless data communication, encryption, and authentication;
– Participation in national and international research projects;
– Produce scientific publications from the results of the projects.
– Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues;
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
– Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
– Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLab DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV and Degree Certificates to the address email@example.com, indicating in subject: DTx/98/2023.