DTx is looking for a researcher to integrate its Data & Application Engineer (DAE) Group, within the project “BE.Neutral – Mobility Agenda for carbon neutrality in cities” (nr. C644874240-00000016), financed by Business Innovation – Innovation Pact, within the call n.º 02/C05-i01/2022 of PRR – Plano de Recuperação e Resiliência.
The BE.Neutral Agenda is promoted by a partnership between cities, the industry and the scientific and technological system, integrating the entire value chain of the sustainable mobility sector: automotive industry, energy operators, data and communication operators, and specialized service providers. The leader of the Agenda is NOS Comunicações, which is articulated with a set of reputed work package leaders: Caetano Bus, Simoldes Plásticos, CEiiA, Toyota Caetano, Iberica, EDP Inovação, and Siemens Portugal. This Agenda aims at positioning the Portuguese cities and the industry in the future of mobility from a new generation of products and services oriented towards carbon neutrality, having a transformational effect on the economy, the environment and society.
The Wireless Network Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing efficient wireless network infrastructure. They work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure data are transmitted accurately and securely across wireless networks and other communication channels. The engineer is expected to keep up to date with new technologies and best practices in wireless network engineering to improve system performance and security.
– PhD or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field;
– Proven experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining wireless network infrastructure;
– Strong understanding of wireless networking principles and protocols, including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Direct, and Bluetooth;
– Experience with security technologies, such as encryption, authentication, and access controls;
– Relevant certifications, such as CWNA, CCNA Wireless, or CWDP, are preferred.
– Design and implement wireless network infrastructure that meets the needs of the projects;
– Develop and maintain effective wireless network protocols and procedures;
– Test and troubleshoot wireless network systems to ensure optimal performance;
– Collaborate with internal teams to ensure wireless network systems meet business requirements;
– Manage wireless network infrastructure, including hardware, software, and networking equipment;
– Ensure wireless network security by implementing appropriate security measures like encryption, authentication, and access controls;
– Monitor wireless network systems for vulnerabilities and take corrective actions when necessary;
– Provide technical support to users, including training and troubleshooting;
– Develop and maintain documentation for wireless network systems;
– Stay up to date with new technologies and best practices in wireless network engineering;
– Participation in national and international research projects.
– Troubleshooting and willingness to learn;
– Capacity for innovation and permanent evolution;
– Rigor and quality in development;
– Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
About DTx: Digital Transformation CoLab DTx carries out its activity of applied research in the areas related to digital transformation.
DTx consists of the following associated members: Accenture; Bosch Car Multimedia; Cachapuz-Bilanciai; CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Desenvolvimento de Produto (Centre of Engineering and Product Development); Celoplás; DSTgroup; Embraer; IKEA; INL – Laboratório Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnologia (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory); Mobileum; Neadvance; NOS; Primavera; Simoldes; TMG Automotive; Universidade Católica Portuguesa; University of Évora; University of Minho; and two affiliated members: CCG – Centro de Computação Gráfica (Center for Computer Graphics) and PIEP – Polo de Inovação em Engenharia de Polímeros (Innovation Centre in Polymer Engineering).
DTx aims at being a reference player in the scope of digital transformation and focuses its research in the intersection of physical, digital and cybernetic domains, with the purpose of creating the next generation of advanced cyber-physical systems.
Application: Submission of the CV and Degree Certificates to the address email@example.com, indicating in subject: DTx/101/2023.